Head of the department - Humen Maria Vasylivna
Location - prospect Svobody, 16, 2nd floor
The department has a reference-bibliographic apparatus of the library, which in addition to reference books provides catalogues and card indexes, giving our readers a complete picture of the library, allowing them to choose the right books, and get the necessary help and advice from bibliographers.
Qualified bibliographers will help you choose the shortest path to information.
They will professionally:
- Consult you on searching the necessary information on your own, using the system of the reference-bibliographic apparatus of the library;
- Perform factual, topical and specifying references on various topics;
- Provide information on the availability of books and periodicals in the library;
- Provide information to enterprises, institutions, and organizations.
At the department also function:
- Information Sector of Culture and Arts;
- The Point of Public Access to Official Information;
- The Center of European Information.
Here you can:
- Get advice on finding information using network resources of public authorities and management;
- View the press dossiers on important social issues;
- Find the necessary information on European and Euro-Atlantic integration;
- Use the reference collection;
- Order bibliographies to course works and dissertations.
Information Sector of Culture and Art
Provides information services to specialists in the fields of culture, art workers, mass media, information about the parent organizations, cultural and art institutions, departments of culture.
Collects information on the following topics:
- Cultural policy of the state;
- Regional cultural policy;
- Cultural process;
- Cultural economy, its legal aspects;
- International cooperation in the field of culture;
- The development of classical and avant-garde art in the region;
- The culture of national minorities;
- The culture of the village;
Best practices and achievements in the field of culture and art.
The department prepares and publishes information publications:
- For each following year - "The Calendar of Significant and Memorable Dates";
- monthly overview reference on press materials and unpublished materials - "The Chronicles of Cultural Life in the Transcarpathian Region";